Mompreneur, Samantha Pulliam, shares her favorite beauty hacks and products.Read More
Stumped on what to buy this holiday season for your beauty loving gal or guy?
I'm here to save the day with a list complete with links!
- Nothing beats healthy glowing skin and simple, good for you products! Sonia Roselli skin care is a great gift for anyone of any age! These products are perfect to prepare skin for makeup application.
- Sheet masks are fun, easy, and a great stocking stuffer! Amazon has a ton of options!
- Another fun mask is the Carbonate Clay Mask. After applying, it starts to bubble... and tickle! Can you keep it on the entire time!?
- If tickling is not your pleasure, Glamglow has amazing masks for all skin types!
- Bring the spa home with a portable facial steamer!
- Everything Charlotte Tilbury! Seriously, you won't regret it!
- Sephora and Ulta have put together a list of their top selling, most coveted, holiday gift items.
- My all time favorite lash product combo is to first apply the Dior Lash Maximizer followed by the Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara. Make sure to allow the primer to dry clear before applying mascara. Neither product requires a lot for a huge impact!
- My all time favorite blushes are from Nars. My all time favorite colors for 90% of my clients, and myself, are Deep Throat and Impassioned.
- Revlon makes an amazing lip stain. It is a buildable product- the more applied the darker the product appears on your lips. It is also fabulous applied under a lip liner, lipstick, or gloss because the top product fades, you still have a stain of color on your lips!
- Real Techniques are high quality for a very reasonable price. They have everything from sponges to detail brushes.
- Cleaning brushes is a pain in the tushie, but there are some tools that help get a deeper clean like this or this.
- There's nothing like a set of flirty lashes. Help them stay lifted and curled with the right set of lash curlers.
For more details or specific questions, don't hesitate to comment or contact me! And have a very merry holiday season!
Congratulations! You are creating a life! What a fun and exciting time for you. Did anyone mention all the lovely changes in your skin?
Some changes are happy surprises, some- not so much. Luckily, some of the unpleasant surprises can be prevented. I have done the research for you and will provide you with as much information and solutions as possible!
Melasma/Chloasma - aka. Mask of Pregnancy
Dark patches on the face caused by an increase in pigmentation. Occurs in nearly 50% of pregnant woman according to American Pregnancy.
What to do: wear a minimum of SPF 15 daily and reapply every two hours. I personally prefer a minimum SPF of 30. This is my favorite. Due to increased hormones, your skin is becoming extra sensitive and therefore will react more extremely to sun exposure.
This is caused by an increase of blood flow and oil production.
Yay blood flow, kind of yay to increase oil.
Oil is our body's natural moisturizer and anti aging cream, but it often brings along acne to the party. Make sure to avoid adding more oil to your skin. However, oil cleansers may still work for you. Much of skin care regardless of pregnancy is about trial and error. What may work for one person with similar symptoms may not work for you. Here you will find my favorite skin care.
When it comes to getting rid of acne there is a two step fail proof process that I have found to work wonders. Leave it alone. Picking not only leaves scars, but can prolong the nasty unwanted guest. At night, apply Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on the affected areas. The spot will decrease by at least 50% over night. Apply until gone.
Make sure to be diligent about your skin care and avoid touching your face as much as possible. If you find that your oil production and acne are on hyper drive, a visit to the dermatologist will be beneficial.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, many women experience very dry skin.
If my favorite skin care doesn't do enough to balance and hydrate your skin, try adding an oil before the moisturizer. Jojoba oil is a wonderful oil that absorbs well into the skin. Pixi also carries a Glow Mist that is simply beautiful.
Apply as much oil as needed for symptoms to subside.
Ingredients to Avoid
According to Mother's Nature Network there is some skin care that can do more harm than good. I have provided you with the list. If you are interested in finding out more, you can click the link provided above.
- Thioglycolic acid
Fit Pregnancy lists the following.
- Aluminum chloride hexahydrate
- Beta hydroxy acids
- Chemical sunscreens
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- Dihydroxyacetone (DHA)
- Retinol retinol alternatives.
- Thioglycolic acid
If you have more in depth questions, don't hesitate to comment or contact me! And congratulations again!