Maggie Nazario of Callavida, a point of peace guide and reiki specialist, shares a beautiful poem about an often detested facial feature: fine lines.Read More
SALE SALE SALE!
I've done the research for you! Have fun, and I would love to see what you purchase!
First, some info from Racked.
- Clarisonic: The skincare and tools brand is offering 30% off all devices (including holiday gift sets), and it will also throw in a free Lancôme Absolue BX Cream (0.5 oz) with any purchase on November 24th. For Cyber Monday, enjoy the same deal on devices along with a free full-size (!) Lancôme Energie de Vie Moisturizer (1.7 oz) with any purchase.
- Cover FX: Take 25% off sitewide on Black Friday, no promo code needed. The same sale continues on Cyber Monday, with an additional offer of 30% off orders of $100 or more.
- GHD: Need a new hairdryer, flat iron, or curler? GHD, the ever-popular hair tools brand, is offering 25% off sitewide from November 20th through November 28th. (There aren’t any exclusions, so dream big.)
- Peter Thomas Roth: The luxe skincare brand is only offering a few hyper-specific deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but they’re too good not to share. On November 24th, you can grab the Mega-Rich Cellular Crème (3.4 oz) for $24 — which is way (way!) less than its usual $120 price tag — along with a free Skin to Die For Primer with any purchase of $50 or more. On November 27th, you can get the brand’s popular Retinol Fusion PM Serum for 50% off.
Sigma: Known for its brushes and brush cleaning mats, Sigma is offering a slew of different deals for the holiday. From November 21st through the 22nd, you can score individual brushes for 30% off with code BRUSH30. From 9 a.m. CST on November 22nd through 8:59 a.m. CST on the 23rd, a Buy More, Save More deal will run, offering 20% off purchases $50 or more, 30% off $100, and 40% off $200 using codes BUY20, BUY30, or BUY40, respectively. From 9 a.m. CST on November 23rd through 8:59 a.m. CST on November 25th, use code BF30 for 30% off sitewide. And we’re not done! On Cyber Monday (and Tuesday!), use code CYBER35 for 35% off sitewide.
Soko Glam: Soko Glam, one of the most popular multi-brand Korean beauty e-commerce shops, is offering 30% off sitewide from November 23rd through November 27th with code SOKO17. (Spend $75 or more and you’ll get some free Soko Glam swag, too.)
Urban Decay: UD is one of the few brands beauty pros and novices alike can’t get enough of. Urban Decay’s Black Friday deal is pretty wild — it’s offering 50% off all products with free shipping from November 24th through November 26th. Half. Off. Everything.
Anastasia Beverly Hills: Starting on Monday, November 27, select Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits will be 40% off at Ulta.
Arbonne: During Black Friday weekend, Arbonne is offering over 50% on its ultrasound tool, the Intelligence Genius Ultra. The deal also includes two free skin care products, the Arbonne Intelligence Rejuvenating Cream and Arbonne Intelligence Nourishing Facial Oil.
Butter London: On November 23, take 30% off site-wide, with free shipping. On Black Friday, that changes to 35% site-wide with free shipping, and from November 25 to November 27, take 40% off nail products and gift sets, with free shipping.
Dose of Colors: Lip It Up Satin Lipstick will be $10 at Ulta for Cyber Monday.
Dr. Brandt Skincare: For Black Friday, the brand is offering 45% off its new Needles No More® No More Baggage eye treatment. And on Cyber Monday, the brand is running a buy one, get one free promotion on its Do Not Age Triple Peptide Eye Cream ($82), Microdermabrasion ($79), Pores No More® Pore Refiner Primer ($45), Magnetight Age-Defier ($75), Do Not Age Time Defying Cream ($132), and 2% Retinol Complex Serum ($69).
L'Occitane: From November 22 to November 26, with any purchase of $85 or more, you'll receive a gift set filled with seven of the brand's best-selling hand creams. The hand cream set is available in a custom box designed by illustrator Kanako Kuno in-stores and online. Any purchase of $165 or more, and customers will receive the hand cream gift set, plus a curated holiday gift set filled with the brand's must-have skin care, body and bath products. On Cyber Monday, L'Occitane is offering 20% off items online only, running through November 29.
MAKE UP FOR EVER: From November 22 to November 27, the brand's boutiques and website will be offering a number of bundle deals. Those include two Artist Liquid Mattes for $29 ($40 value); a buy one, get one deal on any of the brand's mascaras; 12 Artist Shadows for $75 ($252 value); and two Aqua Matic eyeshadow pencils for $15 ($44 value). Exclusively at Sephora, The Artist Neutrals set will be $15. That includes deluxe sizes of the Artist Liquid Matte in shade 105 and Artist Rouge Lipstick in shade C211.
Makeup Geek: The brand is offering 30% off all products on its website for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Moda Brushes: Running from Black Friday to Cyber Monday, everything on the brand's site is 60% off.
Nordstrom Beauty: From November 23 to November 27, Nordstrom Beauty is running a Cyber 5 promotion—meaning an array of discounts and promotions on brands like MAC, Smashbox, Benefit and more.
Perricone MD: Running from November 22 to November 28, the brand is serving up products at up to 50% off. Each day is based around a daily-changing theme.
Shu Uemura: From November 22 to November 25, use the code SHUBF to get 20% off any order over $50, and 25% off any order over $100. And on November 27 through November 28, watch for lightning offers with different flash sales.
Smashbox: For Cyber Monday at Ulta, the Smashbox Spotlight Palette will be 50% off.
Stila: Exclusively at Ulta and Ulta.com, Stila will be offering its MATTE’ificent Mattes Duo for $18. That includes a full size of its Stay All Day Lip Liner in Zinfandel, and a full size of its MATTE’ificent Lipstick in Mon Ami.
Target: All beauty gift sets at Target will be buy one, get one 50% off. That includes the e.l.f. 7-piece Holiday Brush Collection and the Soap and Glory Total Gloss Gift Set, plus tons of other Target beauty merch.
Yes To: At CVS, all single-use masks are buy two, get one free from November 26 to December 1. At RiteAid, buy one Yes To face wipe and get two free from November 23 to November 25. And at Target, buy any gift set to get another 50% off from November 24 to November 26.
ZOYA: On November 24, use the code "FRIYAY" to get 50% off everything on the brand's website and free shipping.
Stumped on what to buy this holiday season for your beauty loving gal or guy?
I'm here to save the day with a list complete with links!
- Nothing beats healthy glowing skin and simple, good for you products! Sonia Roselli skin care is a great gift for anyone of any age! These products are perfect to prepare skin for makeup application.
- Sheet masks are fun, easy, and a great stocking stuffer! Amazon has a ton of options!
- Another fun mask is the Carbonate Clay Mask. After applying, it starts to bubble... and tickle! Can you keep it on the entire time!?
- If tickling is not your pleasure, Glamglow has amazing masks for all skin types!
- Bring the spa home with a portable facial steamer!
- Everything Charlotte Tilbury! Seriously, you won't regret it!
- Sephora and Ulta have put together a list of their top selling, most coveted, holiday gift items.
- My all time favorite lash product combo is to first apply the Dior Lash Maximizer followed by the Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara. Make sure to allow the primer to dry clear before applying mascara. Neither product requires a lot for a huge impact!
- My all time favorite blushes are from Nars. My all time favorite colors for 90% of my clients, and myself, are Deep Throat and Impassioned.
- Revlon makes an amazing lip stain. It is a buildable product- the more applied the darker the product appears on your lips. It is also fabulous applied under a lip liner, lipstick, or gloss because the top product fades, you still have a stain of color on your lips!
- Real Techniques are high quality for a very reasonable price. They have everything from sponges to detail brushes.
- Cleaning brushes is a pain in the tushie, but there are some tools that help get a deeper clean like this or this.
- There's nothing like a set of flirty lashes. Help them stay lifted and curled with the right set of lash curlers.
For more details or specific questions, don't hesitate to comment or contact me! And have a very merry holiday season!
Congratulations! You are creating a life! What a fun and exciting time for you. Did anyone mention all the lovely changes in your skin?
Some changes are happy surprises, some- not so much. Luckily, some of the unpleasant surprises can be prevented. I have done the research for you and will provide you with as much information and solutions as possible!
Melasma/Chloasma - aka. Mask of Pregnancy
Dark patches on the face caused by an increase in pigmentation. Occurs in nearly 50% of pregnant woman according to American Pregnancy.
What to do: wear a minimum of SPF 15 daily and reapply every two hours. I personally prefer a minimum SPF of 30. This is my favorite. Due to increased hormones, your skin is becoming extra sensitive and therefore will react more extremely to sun exposure.
This is caused by an increase of blood flow and oil production.
Yay blood flow, kind of yay to increase oil.
Oil is our body's natural moisturizer and anti aging cream, but it often brings along acne to the party. Make sure to avoid adding more oil to your skin. However, oil cleansers may still work for you. Much of skin care regardless of pregnancy is about trial and error. What may work for one person with similar symptoms may not work for you. Here you will find my favorite skin care.
When it comes to getting rid of acne there is a two step fail proof process that I have found to work wonders. Leave it alone. Picking not only leaves scars, but can prolong the nasty unwanted guest. At night, apply Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on the affected areas. The spot will decrease by at least 50% over night. Apply until gone.
Make sure to be diligent about your skin care and avoid touching your face as much as possible. If you find that your oil production and acne are on hyper drive, a visit to the dermatologist will be beneficial.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, many women experience very dry skin.
If my favorite skin care doesn't do enough to balance and hydrate your skin, try adding an oil before the moisturizer. Jojoba oil is a wonderful oil that absorbs well into the skin. Pixi also carries a Glow Mist that is simply beautiful.
Apply as much oil as needed for symptoms to subside.
Ingredients to Avoid
According to Mother's Nature Network there is some skin care that can do more harm than good. I have provided you with the list. If you are interested in finding out more, you can click the link provided above.
- Thioglycolic acid
Fit Pregnancy lists the following.
- Aluminum chloride hexahydrate
- Beta hydroxy acids
- Chemical sunscreens
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- Dihydroxyacetone (DHA)
- Retinol retinol alternatives.
- Thioglycolic acid
If you have more in depth questions, don't hesitate to comment or contact me! And congratulations again!