Ladies and gents, I have the kindest gift for you today! Photographer Hailey Williams of Archer Inspired presents you with a wedding day photography to do list!
A list of things to do to make your photos extra special!
Hailey and I have been virtual friends for some time now. I have loved watching her Instagram stories of her business' namesake, her son Archer. He is just the cutest! But more than that, Hailey's work is beautiful, and you can clearly see how much she loves working with her clients.
The days leading up to your wedding can be stressful as you realize there is more to do than you anticipated. There are many moving parts in regards to all the different vendors and details. I think it’s always important to sit down, take a breath, and focus on what your priorities for the day are. Make a check list, and go through each step of the way. If you have a coordinator, make sure to be in contact with them as they are so knowledgeable and can help you so much! It’s important to set reasonable expectations, and to not worry about the small stuff. You should be able to put your full trust in the vendors you hired, to make your wedding day beautiful and memorable.
As a photographer, I pride myself in making sure that my couples are taken care of. I help them with timelines, I do a venue visit if necessary, and answer any questions they may have. I may not have all the answers, but can surely give advice if needed. Your photographer is with you from the beginning, all the way until after your wedding when we deliver the images, so it’s important to have a good relationship with them. As a photographer, we are with you through all the intimate moments throughout your wedding day: getting ready, putting on the dress, the first look, the couple portraits, etc. Our goal is to create beautiful images for you that showcase your memories. I know that it can seem like a lot, which is why I wanted to offer some advice to couples that would greatly help your photographer day of your wedding.
Here are a few things to consider to help your photographer be more efficient, and to give you beautiful images.
- Get your rings cleaned the week before your wedding.
- The ring shots will come out so much better as the rings will sparkle a whole lot more! Also bring your ring boxes!
- Get a wooden hanger, or a custom one, to hang your dresses/jackets.
- The images of the dresses/suit jackets never look good on flimsy plastic hangers
- Bring an invitation so that your photographer can take photos of it that day
- It’s always fun for us photographers to set up shots of all of your details, and having your wedding invitation a part of that looks so nice!
- Have all other details ready for your photographer to take photos of!
- This includes but is not limited to: jewelry, ties, shoes, bouquets, boutonnieres, “something old, new, borrowed, and blue”, perfume, cologne, veil, garter, written vows, gifts, or any other sentimental items.
Allow time in your schedule for your photographer to take photos of the different spaces before guests arrive. You spent all the time and money making sure that space was perfect, so make sure to get photos of it!
If you have these things ready, it will help move the detail shots along very quickly and efficiently and will also provide you with images that are thoughtful and well put together.
Additionally, here are a few other tips to remember so that you can enjoy your wedding as much as possible:
- Have breakfast & lunch (this is so important!)
- Drink plenty of water
- Make sure there is a point person with all the info of the day (hire a coordinator!)
- Give cell phone numbers of important people to vendors
- Create a timeline that has some wiggle room
- Relax and have fun! This is your wedding day, enjoy it!
Hailey Williams of Archer Inspired is a published wedding and lifestyle photographer based in the Bay Area of California. She focuses on providing her clients with images that invoke real moments and authentic emotion. Other than being a photographer, she is a wife, mother, connoisseur of Double IPA’s, wearer of birkenstocks daily, and speaks primarily using Office quotes.