Today my wife and I celebrate five years of dating and three years since I proposed. A complete coincidence that they fell on the same day.
In honor of our date-versary, we have both written up a short list of things we know to be true about marriage or long term commitment and some little tid-bits of advice. Enjoy!
- Make your own traditions that work for the two of you.
- Your relationships with others change.
- We enjoy silence and time apart even more.
- Being married is easy and hard. Easy because love and Bff. Hard because EVERYTHING you do affects your love even more than before.
- Put the phones away. In another room.
- R E S P E C T
- Don’t take all arguments/fights personal. Instead, listen and help guide your spouse through their emotions. Easier said then done.
- Choices in life are no longer one sided. You are now part of a team. Decide together.
- Communicate. It’s hard but it’s necessary and helps you grow your relationship.
- Respect one another, always.
- Love endlessly.
- Don’t get stuck in a rut. Go on adventures like hiking, biking, picnics, romantic day getaways.
Photos by Brittany Bowen